How I'm Learning to Manage My Anxiety

Anxiety is a widespread condition that affects millions of people worldwide, and learning how to manage it can be a challenging process. 

I have already written about ADHD or ADHD-like symptoms I have been experiences for a long time, which frequently results in me being anxious more than an average person.


However, as someone who has struggled with anxiety for a long time, I have had to develop several effective strategies for managing my symptoms.


Stay Active

One of the most important strategies I have found is to stay active. Regular exercise has been shown to be effective in reducing anxiety symptoms and can help me feel better overall. Even taking a short walk or engaging in light physical activity can have a positive impact on my mood.

Be Mindful

Another strategy that has been helpful for me is mindfulness. This involves the practice of paying attention to the present moment without judgment. I find that focusing on my breath or engaging in a daily meditation practice helps me to stay grounded and manage my anxiety more effectively.

Know Your Triggers

Identifying my triggers has also been a crucial component of managing my anxiety. By recognizing certain situations or people that tend to trigger my anxiety, I can anticipate and better cope with my symptoms. For example, I may avoid crowded places when possible or engage in deep breathing exercises to calm myself when faced with a trigger.

Be Self-Compassionate

It is essential to be kind to oneself when dealing with anxiety. Anxiety is not a choice, and there is no reason to feel shame or guilt over experiencing it. Practicing self-compassion and seeking help when needed, whether through therapy or medication, can help manage anxiety and improve overall well-being.

Be a "Marathon Runner"

It is important to remember that managing anxiety is an ongoing process, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What works for one person may not work for another, and that is okay. Seeking professional help and support from loved ones can be crucial in developing effective strategies for managing anxiety.

***

So can managing anxiety be challenging? Yes, it can.

But there are strategies that can help. Staying active, practicing mindfulness, identifying triggers, and being kind to oneself are all crucial components of managing anxiety. Seeking professional help and support from loved ones can also be essential in developing effective strategies and living a fulfilling life despite anxiety. With time and practice, it is possible to learn to manage anxiety and live a happier, healthier life.


Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for professional evaluation, diagnosis, or treatment. Readers should consult with a healthcare professional for any concerns or questions they may have about their health or the treatment of ADHD and anxiety. The author and publisher of this article do not assume any liability for any reliance on the information provided.

(The image source is https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-man-holding-black-eyeglasses-3760137/ )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to reduce the height of the top image from the Contempo theme

Contempo theme? Customized!

How to have widgets on the sidebar expanded by default